When it is mentioned, it is a whole symphony of tastes that awakens the simple mention of its name. From sunny shores from Sicily to the snow -capped peaks of Dolomites, the homeland of “Cucina Povera” (kitchen of the poor) conquered the world, a dish at a time. And among these culinary victories, the lasagna hold a place of choice. But what makes Italian lasagna so special?
at the beginning: the origins of the lasagna H2>
The lasagna was born in the ancient Rome. The word “lasagna” comes from the Latin “lasanum” which means “cooking pot”. Over time, the term has gradually transformed to designate the dish at a time, simple and tasty that we know today. The authentic recipe uses simple ingredients, but rich in flavors: alternating pasta layers with sauces and cheeses, all glea to a traditional oven.
Italian lasagna: a painting In layers of colors and flavors
Italian lasagna could be considered as a work of culinary art, where each layer of pasta, sauces and cheeses adds a new dimension of flavors. Fonde cheeses, tasty meats, grilled vegetables and even fish for certain regional versions, each stratum is a full delight.
The ingredients of a successful lasagna
- The Paste: fundamentally, it is made of durum wheat flour and water, and it must be firm enough to keep the ingredients together.
- The sauce: it can vary depending on the regions and personal preferences, But the most common is Bolognese sauce.
- The cheese: mozzarella and parmesan are the most commonly used, but ricotta cheese is an excellent alternative for a lighter version.
- Prepare your sauce in advance: it will only be better. Indeed, the sauce is gaining flavor over time.
- Do not neglect the quality of the ingredients: they make all the difference. Choose the best cheeses you can offer yourself and use a good flour for the preparation of the dough.
- Grille the cheese to perfection: the latter must be golden but not burned. UL>
So, ready to take up the challenge? Do not forget, lasagna is a dish that takes time and love. And who knows, maybe your version will become the new family tradition!
Italian lasagna is a real work of culinary art, where each layer of pasta, sauces and cheeses adds a new dimension flavors. By preparing it yourself, you participate in the perpetuation of a culinary tradition of several centuries. So, in your stoves, and let your culinary imagination take control!
lasagna in Italian culture
lasagna is more than a simple dish in Italy. It evokes the joy of family meals, the comfort of a beloved house, but also the pride of an exceptional culinary heritage. Each region, each family, each chief has its own interpretation of this timeless classic.
in Sicily, it is not uncommon to find lasagna embellished with small pea and minced meat. In the Venetian region, some leaders even add cod. While in Liguria, lasagna are often prepared with vegetables and seafood, thus reflecting the influence of the Mediterranean on local cuisine.
appreciate your own lasagna
Preparing lasagna yourself at home is a challenge that any gastronomy lover should take up at least once. Not only will you be rewarded with a feast for the senses, but you will also have the satisfaction of having made this emblematic dish yourself.